Certified Hazardous Area Inspection Reports
We are an approved NICEIC hazardous area contractor for the preparation, installation, inspection, testing and maintenance of electrical installations within hazardous areas for vapours and gases, intrinsically safe systems and dust zoned areas.
Our Hazardous Area Services are based on the following Standards, Regulations & Directives:
- IEC 60079-17 / BS EN 60079-17 Inspection and maintenance of electrical installations in hazardous areas standard
- IEC 60079-14 / BS EN 60079-14 The specific requirements for the design, selection and erection of electrical installations in hazardous areas associated with explosive atmoshpheres standard
- 1999/92/EC (ATEX 137) The protection of workers at risk from potentially explosive atmospheres Directive
- 94/9/EC (ATEX 95) Equipment and protective systems in potentially explosive atmospheres Directive
- DSEAR The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations
- NEC (The National Electric Code) standard
IEC 60079-17 / BS EN 60079-17 states that before any electrical equipment is used in a hazardous area for the first time, it must be given a full, detailed inspection to determine if it is suitable and installed correctly.
In order to confirm continued integrity, it must further be inspected every 3 years as a minimum or more if the inspection plan demands.