IEC Inspections – Hazardous Area Ex Inspections
C&P Engineering Services conducts ATEX, DSEAR, NEC or IEC inspections following the BS EN or IEC 60079-17 Standards.
The Electrotechnical Commission Standards are the industry standard for Hazardous Area Inspections and are used worldwide by operators, manufacturers and distributors in the oil, gas, petrochemical, offshore, onshore, chemical, steel, power generation and heavy engineering industries. Our inspectors utilise the IEC 600079-17 (The Inspection and Maintenance of Electrical Installations in Hazardous Areas) Standard for all inspections.
We specialise in providing IEC inspections, installation, maitenance and consultancy services.
IEC Inspections and Consultancy Services
- IEC Inspections – Electrical and Instrumentation
- IEC Inspections – Mechanical
- IEC Inspections – Strategy Development and Implementation
- Verification and Compliance
- Ex Register Development and Updates
- PDA and Seoftware Options
- Modifications and Repair Services
- Gap Analysis
- IEC Inspections – Trade Awareness Training
- Explosion Certified Documentation
- Equipment Manuals
Our IEC inspections will assist your organisation demonstrate that all installed electrical and mechanical equipment is certified, has the right protection concept for the potentially explosive atmosphere and is safe to use and fit for purpose.
IEC Inspection Documentation
- Certified IEC Inspections Report (Visual, Close or Detailed Inspections)
- Certified IEC Installation Certificate (For Installations by C&P Engineering Services)
- Ex Register
- Summary Report – Recommendations, Corrective Actions and Advisory Notes
- Signed Inspection Check-Sheets in line with BS EN or IEC 60079-17: 2014
- Explosion Protection Cerificates/Documents
- Equipment Manuals
IEC 60079 Associated Standards
The following relevant associated standards are also utilised:
IEC 60079-0 Part 0: Equipment General Requirements
IEC 60079-1 Part 1: Equipment protection by flameproof enclosures “d”
IEC 60079-2 Part 2: Equipment protection by pressurized enclosures “p”
IEC 60079-7 Part 7: Equipment protection by increased safety “e”
IEC 60079-10 Part 10: Classification of hazardous areas
IEC 60079-11 Part 11: Equipment protection by intrinsic safety “i”
IEC 60079-14 Part 14: Electrical Installations in Hazardous Areas (other than mines)
IEC 60079-15 Part 15: Construction, test and making of type of protection “n” electrical apparatus
Call +44(0)1792 897002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and technical assistance
We have been Assessed and Certified by the NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contractors) as a Hazardous Area Electrical and Instrumentation Services contractor and we have the technical capability to carry out Electrical and Instrumentation Services work in areas where potentially explosive atmospheres may be expected to occur in the form of explosive gases, vapours or combustible dusts.