Ex inspections are critical in order to assure the continuing integrity of the types of protection that enable Ex electrical equipment use in potentially explosive atmospheres and are carried out under the standard IEC / BS EN 60079-17.
The intention of Ex inspections is to ensure that the Ex electrical equipment continues to comply with the original equipment manufacturers’ certification requirements both externally and internally.
We provide highly experienced certified CompEx inspection engineers, electricians and technicians that deliver Ex inspections, maintenance and support services for customers across a wide range of industries, including the chemical, oil, gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, steel and heavy engineering industries.
Our CompEx inspection engineers carry out Ex inspections for customers that may only have a small amount of Ex electrical equipment, to customers that have thousands of Ex electrical equipment for inspection.
We work with clients to support and provide them with a path towards full compliance under the mandatory Requirements of IEC / BS EN 60079-17/14, DSEAR (Dangerous Substances in Explosive Atmospheres Regulations), The Equipment Directive ATEX 95 (94/9/EC) and the workers Directive ATEX 137 (99/92/EC).
Our Ex Inspection & Maintenance Support Services:
- Detailed, Visual & Close Ex Inspections
- Ensuring Compliance with all Standards and Regulations
- Explosion Protection Documents
- Ensuring Verification of all Installed ‘Ex’ Electrical Equipment Databases
- ‘Ex’ Electrical Equipment Installation & Maintenance Project Management
- Compiling Ex Electrical Equipment Registers and Client Databases
- ‘Ex’ Electrical Equipment Remedial Repairs
- Gap Analysis and Report of Current Ex Electrical Equipment Inspection Procedures
- Implementation of Ex Inspection Strategies