C&P Engineering Services delivers hazardous area ATEX inspections and hazardous area maintenance services internationally for clients requiring support with their hazardous area ATEX inspections, procedures and ATEX/DSEAR compliance.
We work with companies to provide a path towards compliance with the HSE requirements, international standards and the mandatory Requirements of BS EN 60079-17/14, DSEAR (Dangerous Substances in Explosive Atmospheres Regulations), The Equipment Directive ATEX 94/9/EC and the workers Directive ATEX 99/92/EC.
Our inspectors who are highly trained in vapour, gas and dust environments and deliver comprehensive inspection schedules and reports, advising on corrective action where necessary. We also provide assistance with carrying out any necessary corrective action through our teams of engineers, electricians, pipe fitters and craftsmen.
Our ATEX Inspection Services include:
- Inspections of Existing and New ATEX equipment
- Ensuring Verification of all Installed ATEX Equipment Databases
- Ensuring Compliance with all Standards and Regulations
- Explosion Protection Documents
- ATEX Installation & Maintenance Project management
- Compiling ATEX Registers and Client Database
- ATEX Remedial Repairs
- Gap Analysis and Report of Current Ex Inspections Procedure
- Implementation of Ex Inspection Strategies
Once the site has been classified we conduct the following hazardous area ATEX inspections procedure to ensure that the ‘Ex’ equipment within the hazardous area zoned areas has been designed, constructed, installed and maintained and operated in such a way as to minimise the risk of an explosion:
- Carry out inspections and collate a list all ‘Ex’ equipment
- Carry out a review of the maintenance records to highlight any issues
- Conduct ignition hazard assessments of non-electrical equipment
- Carry out assessments of electrical equipment with respect to its certification
- Record the findings in a report and highlight any recommendations
- Implement any corrective action arising if required
We are also continually Assessed and Certified by the NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contractors) as having the technical capability to carry out CompEx electrical work in:
(a) Accordance with BS 7671: 2008 IEE Wiring Regulations for Electrical Installations.
(b) Areas where potentially explosive atmospheres may be expected to occur in the form of explosive gases, vapours or combustible dusts.