ATEX Inspections – Hazardous Area Ex Inspections
We provide ATEX Inspections on a worldwide basis to organisations, operators, manufacturers and distributors, upstream and downstream and across many industries within the oil, gas, petrochemical, chemical, offshore, power generation, steel and heavy engineering industries.
What is ATEX?
ATEX is an abbreviation for ” ATmosphere EXplosible”. At the same time, ATEX is the abbreviated name of the European Directive 94/9/EC concerning the placing on the market of explosion-proof electrical and mechanical equipment, components and protective systems. It came into force on 1 July 2003, and all new equipment and protective systems have been subject to it since that date. The transitional period allowed for the conversion of existing equipment that was manufactured and put into operation prior to 1 July 2003 expired with effect from 1 July 2006. This means that such equipment must also be fully compliant with ATEX 94/9/EC from 1 July 2006 onwards.
The ATEX directive places responsibility on employers control or eliminate the risks arising from operations that may contain potentially explosive atmospheres and to ensure they that the employees have a safe place of work.Employers must also be able to demonstrate that they have taken a consideration of risk for the overall protection safety measures and must provide evidence for any explosion protection measure that is implemented.In order to verify compliance and the integrity of electrical explosion protection safety equiment and measures, the international standard IEC 60079-17 provides guidance in order to inspect and maintain all electrical equipment within a hazardous ATEX area.
ATEX Inspections – Our Services
We specialise in providing ATEX inspections, installation, maitenance and consultancy services and are able to offer the follwing services
- ATEX Inspections – Electrical and Instrumentation
- ATEX Inspections – Mechanical
- ATEX Inspections – Strategy Development and Implementation
- Verification and Compliance
- ATEX Installation
- Ex Register Development and Updates
- PDA and Seoftware Options
- Modifications and Repair Services
- Gap Analysis
- ATEX Inspections – Trade Awareness Training
- Explosion Certified Documentation
- Equipment Manuals
Our ATEX inspections will assist your organisation demonstrate that all installed ATEX electrical and mechanical equipment is certified, has the right protection concept for the potentially explosive atmosphere and is safe to use and fit for purpose.
ATEX Inspection Documentation
- Certified ATEX Inspections Report (Visual, Close or Detailed Inspections)
- Certified ATEX Installation Certificate (For Installations by C&P Engineering Services)
- Ex Register
- Summary Report – Recommendations, Corrective Actions and Advisory Notes
- Signed Inspection Check-Sheets in line with BS EN or IEC 60079-17: 2014
- Explosion Protection Cerificates/Documents
- Equipement Manuals
Call +44(0)1792 897002 or email email@example.com for more information and technical assistance
We have been Assessed and Certified by the NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contractors) as a Hazardous Area Electrical and Instrumentation Services contractor and we have the technical capability to carry out Electrical and Instrumentation Services work in areas where potentially explosive atmospheres may be expected to occur in the form of explosive gases, vapours or combustible dusts.